Today’s rant: why am I not losing weight?!
Posted March 17, 2010on:
That title is a little deceptive. I have been losing weight, albeit slowly.
Here’s the thing: I’m in my second month of P90X, and I haven’t even hit the 5lb weight loss mark yet. I’m not blaming the program by any means….I know it’s all about what I’m eating….but, really?!! A girl I know just started it, and last week she posted an update on Face book: 1st week, and 2 pounds loss. Ugh….it frustrates me.
On top of that, I’m STILL not below the BF’s weight! He weighs himself whenever he comes over, and yesterday we were at the same weight!
If I keep focusing on my frustrations though, I know exactly what’ll happen…..I’m going to reach right for the french bread and brie. (What a dreamy combination….[sigh]) So, instead, I’m going to end with the positives (which, incidentally occupy my mind about 70% of the time, so it’s not all gloom and doom in these parts.)
1. I feel thinner! I think I can see the difference in the mirror, although my clothes isn’t quite showing it yet. Neither is the tape measure.
2. I end the workouts in much better shape! Sure, I get worn out, but I no longer want to die! I feel stronger. I can actually feel my core, and I keep thinking to myself that when I finally lose the fat at least I’ll have a head start with the muscle!
3. The flexibility I’ve gained is awesome. I remember when I did my first “X Stretch”….I was pretty stiff, and couldn’t firmly grip my ankles when doing a seated one-leg hamstring stretch. Now I can grab my heel and almost touch the ground with both elbows. It feels great.
4. This morning I weighed in at 157.5, and this afternoon at 157.0. That is my first 5-lb loss milestone!! Now, I’m not ready to collect my rewards just yet, but I’m SO close! I just need to maintain this, and weigh in at 156.5 at least once for me to believe it. Actually….I think my official “test” should be to weigh in at that weight on a Monday….after going through the weekend. (And weighing in at 156.5 just once.)
5. I’m losing weight slowly, which I’m hoping means I’ll be able to sustain it in the long run. These last 5 pounds (162-157) I’ve lost them several times…..at least 5 I’m sure! This will be the final time I lose them! I haven’t done anything drastic….just exercise more and eat a little bit less. (I haven’t even cut out carbs this time!) That is my biggest comfort….I’m in it for the long haul!